Kim Kernich, Director of College Admissions
It's a pleasure and privilege to introduce families to our College. I believe that with the right support and information families can feel empowered to make the choice that's right for them.
We spend time getting to know prospective students and their family. This ensures by the time they start at Luther College they know us and we know them. Students transition to Year 7 at Luther College from a large number of primary schools within the government, catholic and independent sectors. Year 7 is the significant point of entry and as such the College invests in working with families to make this important transition a successful one.
Luther College is committed to the long-term affordability and accessibility of the College. We understand the significant investment parents are making and as a result, we provide a fee schedule that is all inclusive. There are no hidden levies or charges. The fee schedule includes subject tuition, camps and excursions, core sport and co-curricular activities, school photos and College publications. (Please note some VCE subjects can attract additional charges.)
We encourage families considering an educational partnership with Luther College, starting in Year 7, to submit their application for enrolment as early as possible. Luther College also welcomes applications for enrolment for other year levels, however, we do suggest you make contact with our Director of College Admissions to discuss this further.
The enrolment process for Year 7 commences two years prior and enrolments are finalised during Year 5. Families should aim to submit their child’s application well prior to the commencement of Year 5 to ensure full participation in the process.
For queries in relation to enrolment, please contact the College on (03) 9724 2000 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Places are offered at Luther College following a successful application and interview process.
- Submitting a Student Application does not guarantee admission.
- Although Year 7 is our major intake, we welcome enrolment applications for Years 8-11.
- Applications are welcome from birth and should be submitted as soon as possible.
- The interview process for Year 7 entry begins in Term 1 of Year 5.
- Associated families will automatically receive an interview, those being:
- children of Luther alumni
- students of other Lutheran schools
- members of the Lutheran Church of Australia.
- A refundable student bond will be lodged with the school on the acceptance of a place.
- Applicants are responsible for updating their contact details with the College Admissions Team as necessary via email@example.com
The application requires you to:
- Nominate the proposed calendar year of entry.
- Nominate the year level of entry from Years 7-11.
- Submit a copy of the student’s Birth Certificate or Extract.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $70.00.